New Windsor, NY – March 1, 2015 – Wireless 20/20, LLC (www.wireless2020.com), a leading broadband wireless consulting group and the developer of the industry-leading WiROI™ Business Case Analysis Tool, announced today that Berge Ayvazian, Senior Analyst of Wireless 20/20, will join an all-star line-up of research analysts participating in an audio conference convened by Recon Analytics on Monday, March 9th to decipher the outcomes and impact of the AWS-3 auction and assess who the winners and losers are under the Federal Communications Commission's net neutrality rules. Four leading industry analysts will discuss the impact to service providers, edge innovators, application developers, network operations, and the competitive leverage among the large and small players across the broadband value chain.
Analyst Round Table on the FCC’s Net Neutrality Title II
Ruling and AWS-3 Auction
Monday, March 9, 2015 from 12:00 PM to 1:00 PM (EDT)
Moderator: Roger Entner, Recon Analytics
- Berge Ayvazian, 20/20 Wireless
- Jan Dawson, Jackdaw Research
- Charles Golvin, Abelian Research
- Jim Patterson, Patterson Advisory Services
Among the key questions to be discussed are:
- What does the $44 billion paid for spectrum in Auction 97 say about spectrum scarcity, the value of low versus high-band spectrum and international spectrum harmonization?
- What are the implications of Dish Network’s $10 investment in AWS-3 wireless spectrum in the most recent auctions, since the company has no wireless network as of now?
- Will the FCC's Net Neutrality ruling and Title II regulations drive more fiber investment and encourage companies like Google to quickly deploy a third (fiber or otherwise) broadband alternative?
- How will the FCC's ruling apply to mobile broadband networks and what will be the effect on investment in spectrum and wireless infrastructure?
- What is the realistic timetable for reaching a stable and resolved regulatory status, taking into account likely legal challenges?
- Will this rulemaking likely lead to two-sided business models that increase the affordability of broadband services?
Please use the following link to register and receive the dial-in information:
Berge Ayvazian has rejoined Wireless 20/20 as a full-time Principal Consultant in 2015, having served as an advisor to Wireless 20/20 from 2009 through 2014. Mr. Ayvazian recently completed five years as a Senior Consultant with Heavy Reading and UBM Tech, where he served as the Chair of Tower & Small Cell Summit and 4G World conferences in the US and India. This followed more than 20 years as a senior telecom industry analyst and strategy consultant with Yankee Group where he served as CEO and co-chairman of the 4G World and Mobile Internet World conference programs. With the Wireless 20/20 team, Ayvazian is conducting research and consulting on the convergence of broadband and mobility and the evolving business strategies of 4G mobile service providers and their technology vendors. He has joined an integrated 4G/LTE consulting practice that helps mobile operators and their vendors to develop their technology roadmaps and build a complete mobile Internet business case.
About Wireless 20/20, LLC
Wireless 20/20 is a leading independent market research and consulting group. Wireless 20/20 is the developer of the industry-leading WiROI™ Business Case Analysis Tool, which has been used to help over 80 broadband wireless operators around the world build business case, analyze market opportunities, complete technology and vendor selection, and develop network roll out strategies. Our principals have been engaged in the wireless industry since its inception and have a thorough understanding of the technical, business and product issues surrounding the development of wireless devices, equipment, networks and services. Recent WiROI™ models have been developed to examine Wi-Fi Offload, Small Cell deployments and 4G networks to serve venues such as stadiums, airports and train stations. Interactive demonstrations of the WiROI™ Wireless Networks Business Case Analysis Tools can be accessed at: www.wireless2020.com/wiroitooldemos. For more information, visit: www.wireless2020.com.